Child and Youth Worker
Key Assets is part of a global organization, changing the lives of children everywhere. In Canada, our non-profit offices are in Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia. Within Ontario, our head office is in Mississauga and we have a satellite office in London, Ontario. Collectively, our dynamic organization provides various support services to young people and families with complex needs. This includes foster family placements, family-based care, residential care, therapeutic support, clinical services, and community training.
We are a growing company seeking a talented Child and Youth Worker for our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
Child and Youth Worker
Full Time, 12-month Contract Position
As a Child and Youth Worker, you will work with young people with complex needs living in foster homes. Your work will be directly with young people in care helping them to manage their trauma, to promote placement stability within the foster home and to assist the youth in developing life skills. You will achieve this through behavior and crisis management, one to one counselling and program development. You will direct, at times, and attend plan of care meetings, school meetings, and will do one to one work with the young people in their home, school, or community.
To be successful in this role, the candidate is required to have:
- Child and Youth Worker or Developmental Services Worker Diploma/Degree
- Registered or be able to register with the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care
- A minimum of 1 year of experience, with preference given to those that have worked in Foster Care
- Must have current and valid First Aid CPR certification
- A valid G class license with a clean driving record and daily access to a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Screening and Child Welfare Screening
It is important for applicants to note that Key Assets Ontario requires that current as well as new employees provide proof of full vaccination or they will be required to take part in educational sessions around COVID-19 and participate in regular antigen testing.
Key Assets Offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and/or experience ($43,497 to $50,425)
- Sick leave accrual for contract employees
- This contract position will include additional financial compensation which will be added to the annual salary in lieu of Group Health Benefits
- 4% vacation pay or 2 weeks (10 days) annual leave entitlement
- Flexible work environment with combination of in office and work from home
- Generous learning development with plenty of exciting training and certification courses
If this exciting opportunity describes you, we invite you to submit a cover letter along with your resume to Candice Stead, Human Resources Manager (Candice.Stead@keyassetsnl.ca).
The closing date for applications is November 11, 2021.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Key Assets, we pledge our commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and strive to act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve and will continuously strive to build and sustain an equitable work environment. We will always challenge the norm, ask questions, and keep our promises.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which includes applicants from all cultures, diverse gender identity and expression, race, and others who contribute to our diverse population.
We ask applicants who may require an accommodation to contact our Human Resources Department who will work to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation(s) for the interview and selection process.