To increase the text size:
- Click on the â€˜ View â€˜ menu with the mouse or pressing â€˜ Alt â€™ + â€˜ V â€™.
- Click on the â€˜ Text Zoom â€™ option with the mouse or press â€˜ Z â€™.
- Click on the text size you want with the mouse or use the up and down keys and then â€˜ Enter â€™ to select the text size you want .
The text on our website should now have changed to reflect your choice.
If you are using an earlier version of Netscape than version 7 then the above instructions will not work on some websites because of the way they have fixed (hard-coded) the size of their text.
You can also set a minimum font size for all the web pages you visit in your browser preferences as an alternative to using the â€˜ Text Zoom â€™ option.
To do so:
- Click on the â€˜ Edit â€˜ menu with the mouse or press â€˜ Alt â€™ + â€˜ E â€™ .
- Click on â€˜ Preferences â€™ or press â€˜ E â€™ to open the preferences dialog box.
- Click on the â€˜ Font â€™ heading underneath the â€˜ Appearance â€™ category or use the arrow keys to select â€˜ Font â€™ . If you cannot see the â€˜ Font â€™ heading, you may need to expand the â€˜ Appearance â€™ category. Do this by either double clicking on â€˜ Appearance â€˜, or selecting â€˜ Appearance â€™ with the arrow keys and pressing the right arrow key.
- Click on the drop down box next to â€˜ Minimum font size: â€™ and choose a font size by clicking on it or press the â€˜ Tab â€™ key until the box is highlighted, then press the up arrow to expand the list, choose a new font size by selecting the size you want with the â€˜ up â€˜ and â€˜ down â€™ arrow keys and then press â€˜ Enter â€™ .
- If there is a tick in the check box â€™ Allow documents to use other fonts â€˜ you might need to uncheck it for your minimum font size to work, to do this click on the box to uncheck it or press the â€˜ Tab â€˜ key until the checkbox is highlighted and then press the â€˜ Spacebar â€˜ to uncheck it.
- Now click â€˜ OK â€™ or press â€˜ Enter â€˜ to return to Netscape.
You can also change the text size in these other browsers:
Internet Explorer,Â Safari,Â Opera,Â Firefox.
Back toÂ Accessibility.