Internet Explorer now has a zoom feature included which allows you to enlarge the whole browser window.
- to do this press â€˜Â CtrlÂ â€˜ + â€˜Â +Â â€˜ to increase the zoom and â€˜Â CtrlÂ â€˜ + â€˜Â –Â â€˜ to decrease the zoom.
You can also change the text size. The way to do this does depend on how the site has been built.
- For many sites you only need to do the following:
- Open the â€˜Â PageÂ â€˜ menu with the mouse or by pressing â€˜Â AltÂ â€˜+â€™Â PÂ â€˜ .
- Select the â€˜Â Text SizeÂ â€˜ option with the mouse or by pressing â€˜Â XÂ â€˜.
- Choose your preferred text size by clicking on it or by using the up and down arrow keys to select it and then press â€˜Â EnterÂ â€˜ .
The text on the website should now have changed to reflect your choice.
However some websites have fixed the size of their text (â€˜hard-codedâ€™) and as a result these websites will not show the change you have just made. If you would like to use larger text on these sites follow the following steps:
- Click on the â€˜Â ToolsÂ â€˜ menu with the mouse or press â€˜Â AltÂ â€˜+â€™Â OÂ â€˜ .
- Click on â€˜Â Internet OptionsÂ â€˜ option with the mouse or press â€˜Â OÂ â€˜ . You should now see the â€˜Â Internet OptionsÂ â€˜ box.
- Click on the â€˜Â AccessibilityÂ â€˜ button with the mouse or press â€˜Â AltÂ â€˜+ â€˜Â EÂ â€˜ .
- In the Accessibility box click the â€˜Â Ignore font sizes specified on web pageÂ â€˜ checkbox to add a tick or press â€˜Â AltÂ â€˜+â€™Â ZÂ â€˜
- Click the â€˜Â OKÂ â€˜ button to return to the Internet Options box.
- Click on the â€˜Â OKÂ â€˜ button, or press â€˜Â TabÂ â€˜ until â€˜Â OKÂ â€˜ is selected and then press â€˜Â EnterÂ â€˜ to return to Internet Explorer.
You can also change the text size in these other browsers:
Safari,Â Opera,Â Netscape,Â Firefox.
Back toÂ Accessibility.